Object

Title: Տողի Սբ. Հովհաննես եկեղեցու հնագիտական հետազոտության հիմնական արդյունքները

Journal or Publication Title:

Աշխատություններ Հայաստանի պետական պատմական թանգարանի=Труды государственного исторического музея Армении=Proceedings of the History Museum of Armenia

Date of publication:

2022

Volume:

2(10)

ISSN:

1829-0361

Additional Information:

Yeranyan Nzhdeh, Petrosyan Hamlet, Еранян Нжде, Петросян Гамлет

Other title:

The Main Results Of The Archaeological Survey Of St. Hovhannes (St. John) Church In Togh ; Основные результаты археологических исследований церкви Св. Ованнеса в Тохе

Coverage:

31-40

Abstract:

St. Hovhannes (St. John) Church under study is located in the centre of Togh, Hadrut region, the Republic of Artsakh, about 50 meters southwest of the palace of Melik Yegan, on a sloping site. The church is quite well preserved. It repeats the three-nave basilica type common in Syunik and some regions of Armenia in the Late Middle Ages. The exact date of construction of the church is unknown. According to the inscription on the pedestal of the cross, the roof was restored by Melik Yegan in 1736 by the order of the Catholicos of Aghuank (Caucasian Albania) Petros. Next to the church on the south side is a walled courtyard measuring 17.0 x 22.0 meters. Historical sources contain information that there was a chapel in the courtyard next to the church, which served as a tomb for the Melik-Yeganyans of Dizak. In 2017, excavations were carried out in the northern and southern courtyards of the church in order to verify this information, as well as to study the surroundings of the church. This report presents the main results of the 2017 archaeological survey of the church. As a result of excavations and cleaning of the area, the remains of two buildings, as well as more than 80 tombstones from the northern and southern graveyards, some of which with relief carvings and inscriptions, were recorded. The latter are introduced into scientific use for the first time.
Изучаемая церковь Ованнеса (Св. Иоанна) находится в центре Тох Гадрутского района Республики Арцах, 50 метров юго-западнее от дворца Мелик Егана, на наклонной местности. Церковь находится в достаточно хорошо сохраненном виде. Она повторяет в позднем средневековье широко распространенный в Сюнике и некоторых частях Армении тип трехнефной базилики. Точная дата постройки церкви неизвестна. Согласно надписи на постаменте креста, крышу восстановил Мелик Еган в 1736 году по приказу католикоса Кавказской Албании Петроса. Рядом с церковью с южной части находится обнесенный стеной двор размером 17,0×22,0 метров. В исторических источниках сохранились сведения о том, что рядом с церковью во дворе находилась часовня, которая служила усыпальницей для Мелик-Еганянов Дизака. Для уточнения этих сведений, а также для изучения окрестности церкви в 2017 году были проведены раскопки в северном и южном дворах. Данным докладом представлены основные результаты археологических исследований церкви 2017 года. В результате раскопок и чистки местонсти засвидетельствованы остатки двух строений, также более 80 надгробий в северном и южном дворах, часть которых носят сюжетные рельефы и надписи. Последние впервые вводятся в научный оборот.

Place of publishing:

Երևան

Publisher:

Հայաստանի պատմության թանգարան

Format:

pdf

Identifier:

oai:arar.sci.am:347058

Language:

hy

General note:

2021 թ.-ից վերանվանվել է՝ Աշխատություններ Հայաստանի պատմության թանգարանի

Object collections:

Last modified:

Nov 27, 2023

In our library since:

Mar 6, 2023

Number of object content hits:

11

All available object's versions:

https://arar.sci.am/publication/376458

Show description in RDF format:

RDF

Show description in OAI-PMH format:

OAI-PMH

Objects

Similar

This page uses 'cookies'. More information